When you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinners every year, it can become a chore to find a new menu each year. There are so many recipes to choose from but only a little time and help to complete all of it. Good and hearty food is a staple during Thanksgiving, so here are some of the best dishes you can include in your table this year.
- Cranberry and Brie Bites – These hors d’oeuvres are a fun addition to any Thanksgiving table, and they add a festive touch. It includes a buttery cracker as a base with layers of brie and tangy cranberries on top.
- A Relish Tray – Healthy options are also important in any table and this tray of pickled vegetables and crudites is a must-have! Olives, carrots, and nuts are all great additions to this tray.
3. Cheese spread and bread – A simple but delicious appetizer, serving a herby and cheesy spread along with slices of bread is a great starter.
- Whole Pig Roasts – With its crispy sweet skin and the tender meat inside, this is a delicious and majestic addition to any Thanksgiving table. Depending on the method of preparation, you can have the meat falling off the bone or it can be smoked for a different flavor.
- Roast Turkey with Gravy – This is a Thanksgiving tradition that makes up the perfect holiday dinner. With crispy skin, delicious meat, and flavorful gravy, you can’t go wrong with this one.
- Creamy Chicken Roulade – Upgrade your chicken breast dishes by stuffing them with spinach, mushrooms, and including a creamy sauce to go along with it. This can be served on its own or with some pasta or rice as well.
- Glazed Baked Ham – This juicy, sweet, and sticky dish is an all-time favorite and super easy to prepare. The ham is coated in brown sugar and honey glaze and then baked until golden brown.
- Pecan Pie – Is it really Thanksgiving without a pie for dessert? The classic ingredient to be used in Pumpkin, but you can change it up with Pecan instead. Loaded with crunchy pecans and sweet custard, this is a sweet treat you need to have this year!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake – Cheesecakes are light and creamy alternative to pies and require very little effort to prepare. Filled with flavors of pumpkin and cinnamon, you need to try this alternative pumpkin dish.
- Cinnamon Rolls – This bread is filled with the goodness of cinnamon, sugar, and maybe even some chocolate. The bread is buttery and soft, and with every bite, you can taste the layers of cinnamon included.
Planning a Thanksgiving party is not only about the food though. You need to prepare the house/venue, the guest lists, the music, the games, and much more. It can be a difficult job to handle and trying to prepare all the food in the meantime is only going to make your life that much harder.
Give yourself a break this year and spend time with your family and friends by hiring a catering company, like DJR catering, to handle all your Thanksgiving food preparations for you!