With lowered temperatures, shorter days, and weeks ahead of children being at home, we all want to turn towards comfort food to keep us warm and stress-free this winter.
Most of us have parties with friends and families planned during the holiday season as well, so finding recipes for delicious food to serve is another task on the list. Below, we have compiled a few of our favorite winter foods for this year.
- French Onion Soup – This soup is a tasty classic made with caramelized onions and beef broth. These delicious flavors do wonders during cold winter evenings and are made even more perfect when you serve some cheesy garlic bread to go along with it.
2. Broccoli-Cheese Soup – Both these ingredients are comfort food at its best. It is also a healthy option to serve to kids who don’t like eating broccoli on its own. This creamy cheesy soup is a definite must-try this winter that is guaranteed to leave you feeling cozy afterward.
3. Cream of Chicken Soup – This soup is commonplace in restaurants, but you can make this at home easily You can include hints of thyme and other herbs to compliment the creamy, salty nature of this soup. You could even try switching the meat to ham or turkey for a change of pace as well.
- Pig Roast with all the trimmings – There is nothing more delicious than slow-cooked roast pork with meat falling off the bone. Once you have tasted this dish, it is difficult not to go back for seconds and thirds. This roast can be prepared and then consumed over a few days during winter.
- Roasted Vegetable and Bacon Frittata – A good frittata is a hearty and comfortable meal, and this recipe is filled with both healthy vegetables and crispy bacon guaranteed to warm your bones.
- Mac and Cheese – Name one dish more comforting than mac and cheese? There are very few that can beat it because it is the ultimate comfort food
- Spicy Beef Chili – A warm pot of Chili with onions, bell peppers, beans, and ground beef will make for a decadent chili dish.
- Red Wine Venison Stew – Venison is a nice change of pace from chicken or pork. With its slightly gamey but amazingly tender meat, you can get some intense flavors by pairing it with a thick red wine sauce, vegetables, and some pasta.
Winter months tend to be lazy and all you want to do is lounge around in your home relaxing and eating to your heart’s content. But because it is the holidays, you are highly likely to have visitors or host a party at your home.
Instead, give yourself a break and make use of DJR catering, who will come to your home or business and prepare a delicious feast for you, while you go and enjoy your company. Make full use of your winter vacation with a professional catering company to handle your food.